Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Deck Help > Casual Play + Tribal Deck Docter (Open) (1, 2, ... 17, 18)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Vamper

Quote: "I wouldn't stand in front of that wurm, son. 'Course, I wouldn't stand behind it neither. In fact, standing anywhere near that wurm's not much of a plan. Running, now that's a plan!"
-Wandering mage

Warning Casual Play + Tribal Deck Docter (Open) 2/27/2005 9:19:00 PM

I am ready to help mastersize any casual play deck. just post and ill help, but not too many at once. give me your idea or deck and i can help build or recostomize it. also if you have any questions on rules of Magic: the Gathering i can tell you (as long as it isnt a question on flanking...I dont know about that at all). if i dont respond i am most likely at KQuickStrike's thread helping out so go there if you need me...or just email me at roguehuntervamper@verizon.net and tital the subject deck help. (note: dont email me unless you dont want to post on my thread. i only read my mail every 1-2 weeks)
I now Help for Tribal decks for any format!

---------------------------------------------------------
on days im not here and the thread is open other doctors will be helping on my behalf. Dont overrun the other doctors with decks when im gone. Tribal decks are also for me to work on.
People currently being helped on Casual play
-
-
-

People currently being helped on Tribal decks
-
-
-

----------------------------------------------------------
News Board
-Guildpact card lists Available at Wizards.com
-Guildpact NOW IN STORES!
-Tribal Decks of any format now Open for help
-Looking for people to help out on thread!
----------------------------------------------------------
-Torch your Soul, Inflame your Heart, Illuminate your Life.

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Reed

Quote: I don't give a f*ck.

Lucky 7's

Random Comment 2/28/2005 6:35:14 AM

My Burn Deck..

Let's see if you can help it or not.. only hting so far that should be taken out is the Browbeat Buys.. but i dunno what yet..

Current decks..
Legacy/Casual Play: Mono {R} Burn

MSN - jrr87@hotmail.com

Vamper

Quote: "I wouldn't stand in front of that wurm, son. 'Course, I wouldn't stand behind it neither. In fact, standing anywhere near that wurm's not much of a plan. Running, now that's a plan!"
-Wandering mage

Warning RE: Random Comment 3/1/2005 11:37:23 PM

my first post will be for comments for cards to take out. my second will be to give great ideas to put in. ready. take out burning wish, no need for it at all. some lands you dont need at all. no bloodstained mire, wooded foothills, or great furnace. take out sharpenal blastnot a great card for direct damage but great for artifact. take out chrome mox, lotus petal, grafted skull clamp, cursed scroll,and seal of fire.

Vamper

-Wandering mage

Good RE: RE: Random Comment 3/1/2005 11:41:26 PM

your deck should consist of 25 mountains, no other lands. you need more creatures, some great direct damage ones are Initiate of Blood Buy, Vulshok Sorcerer Buy, Goblin Dynamo Buy (if you dont mind paying 6 mana), and anouther one i use alot is Kyren Sniper Buy. now for othe cards i suggest Beacon of Destruction Buy and Lava Spike Buy. now for great drect damaging artfacts use Panoptic Mirror Buy for coping spells, the great almighty goblin charbelchar, Vexing Arcanix Buy, and Skullcage Buy. also add a few Magma Jet Buy for it's scry abillity and possibly Grab the Reins Buy.

ValorsDream

Quote: ZombieSwordfish
-You can't force total chaos, nublet.
Me
-I'm half way there.
bonZai
-*Screeches*

Me
-How is this for a rhetorical question?
Badger of Aisa!
-Damn good.

Super callused, extra fragile mystic hexed with halitosis.

Cool the not-so-randomly-posted-post 3/1/2005 11:49:32 PM

I just did this to see how things are going by email. Good luck Vamper!
______________________________________________Sig below this line_____________________
Need tips for unique legacy deck

Vamper

-Wandering mage

RE: RE: RE: Random Comment 3/2/2005 1:47:03 AM

oh one other card for a option, Talon of Pain Buy!

magicplaya10

Quote: "...and so Mr. Clinton, what are you going to do for presidency"

Mr. Clinton:"ionno....but your pretty damn hott"

RE: RE: RE: RE: Random Comment 3/2/2005 3:56:01 AM

Ball Lightning Buys???

Reed

Lucky 7's

RE: RE: Random Comment 3/2/2005 8:13:23 AM

Quoting Vamper:my first post will be for comments for cards to take out. my second will be to give great ideas to put in. ready. take out Burning Wish Buy, no need for it at all. some lands you dont need at all. no Bloodstained Mire Buy, Wooded Foothills Buy, or Great Furnace Buy. take out Shrapnel Blast Buy not a great card for direct damage but great for artifact. take out Chrome Mox Buy, Lotus Petal Buy, Grafted Skullcap Buy, Cursed Scroll Buy,and Seal of Fire Buy.

Reasons why they are in my deck..

Burning Wish Buy - if i need any card that screws me of winning the game at that moment.. like if i play against weenies i got Earthquake Buy, Flamebreak Buy, or Breaking Point Buy.

Bloodstained Mire Buy & Wooded Foothills Buy - They simply get uneeded lands from my deck into play faster.

Great Furnace Buy - Land for one, and food for Shrapnel Blast Buy.

Shrapnel Blast Buy - one of the best burn spells other than Lightning Bolt Buy with the only downside of sacrificing an artifact which i have plenty of.

Chrome Mox Buy & Lotus Petal Buy - If i draw my god hand, i can get 3rd turn kill becuase of these. Simply in here to help my mana curve and Acceleration.

Grafted Skullcap Buy - Combo with Ensnaring Bridge Buy. If i get this out, its pretty much game if im playing against a creature heavy deck.

Cursed Scroll Buy - How am i gonna get in damage if Circle of Protection: Red Buy is out? not by my burn cards..

Seal of Fire Buy - Shock Buy that can go off and save my @$$.

But i will consider Magma Jet Buy in for Browbeat Buy.

If you want anymore explanation about my deck, please go to my URL and read my description. If i can get MWS working on my comp, and you have it, i'd like to show you how good this is..

Current decks..

MSN - jrr87@hotmail.com

teeman4000

Quote: [none]

Zombie and burn 3/2/2005 7:31:16 PM

http://www.essentialmagic.com/Decks/View.asp?ID=350105
thats my Burn deck. I play in tourneys only with friends, but i still think i need more cards to complete this deck.

http://www.essentialmagic.com/Decks/View.asp?ID=350360
This is my zombie deck. It has alot of options to win, but maybe some cards could help out or duplicates.

Thanks, i have 4 other decks that i play casually with and am just trying to find my best ones and how i could improve. My friend who uses this website, Xoflram has his decks posted, and he usually has been able to beat me 75% of the time unless we are playing a multiplayer deck. Within a week, i'll update my other decks(Cleric, Angel, Artifact, Green Stompy)
Thanks alot!

KQuickStrike

Quote: Imperfections are what make us human.

Thanks 3/2/2005 9:26:41 PM

Hi, Vamper This is KQuickStrike as you can see by my name lol. Anyway Thanks for taking up the Casual Play section magicplaya10 has taken up Type 1 and I will be taking Type 2 again pretty soon

Blah? Magic = BROKEBACK
Socom 3 Clan = GMS
Socom 3 Name = Ur-Daddy

Vamper

-Wandering mage

RE: RE: RE: Random Comment 3/2/2005 10:47:17 PM

Quoting Reed:[quote=Vamper]my first post will be for comments for cards to take out. my second will be to give great ideas to put in. ready. take out Burning Wish Buy, no need for it at all. some lands you dont need at all. no Bloodstained Mire Buy, Wooded Foothills Buy, or Great Furnace Buy. take out Shrapnel Blast Buy not a great card for direct damage but great for artifact. take out Chrome Mox Buy, Lotus Petal Buy, Grafted Skullcap Buy, Cursed Scroll Buy,and Seal of Fire Buy.

Reasons why they are in my deck..

Burning Wish Buy - if i need any card that screws me of winning the game at that moment.. like if i play against weenies i got Earthquake Buy, Flamebreak Buy, or Breaking Point Buy.

Bloodstained Mire Buy & Wooded Foothills Buy - They simply get uneeded lands from my deck into play faster.

Great Furnace Buy - Land for one, and food for Shrapnel Blast Buy.

Shrapnel Blast Buy - one of the best burn spells other than Lightning Bolt Buy with the only downside of sacrificing an artifact which i have plenty of.

Chrome Mox Buy & Lotus Petal Buy - If i draw my god hand, i can get 3rd turn kill becuase of these. Simply in here to help my mana curve and Acceleration.

Grafted Skullcap Buy - Combo with Ensnaring Bridge Buy. If i get this out, its pretty much game if im playing against a creature heavy deck.

Cursed Scroll Buy - How am i gonna get in damage if Circle of Protection: Red Buy is out? not by my burn cards..

Seal of Fire Buy - Shock Buy that can go off and save my @$$.

But i will consider Magma Jet Buy in for Browbeat Buy.

If you want anymore explanation about my deck, please go to my URL and read my description. If i can get MWS working on my comp, and you have it, i'd like to show you how good this is..[/quote]

the combo isnt that great for a point, most decks will have a artifact destruction card and burning wish is not going to save you. and the land choice for the life payer search lands are 100% pointles in a one color deck. and in a one color deck crome mox and lotus petal are jsut dumb, they are only good in multicolored decks. if your really trying to deal alot of damage, shock is weak compared to Lava Spike Buy. and one thing that is most important, you will die because of having only one creature. please consider my suggestions if you want to make a burn deck that is fast.

Nalon

Quote: [none]

RE: RE: RE: RE: Random Comment 3/2/2005 10:57:24 PM

Hello, can you try to help out my deck aswell?

http://www.essentialmagic.com/Decks/View.asp?ID=351506

it usealy works well and wins more then it loses but it has a few weak points vs. spells like Reduce to Dreams Buy and Splinter Buy as well as burn, trample, and other unblockable damage decks.

KQuickStrike

Quote: Imperfections are what make us human.

Random Comment 3/2/2005 10:58:42 PM

i havent seen his deck list but even in one color decks Wooded Foothills Buy, Bloodstained Mire Buy aka fetch lands due serve a purpose in one color deck which is to thin out the deck by a card it helps speed things up

Blah? Magic = BROKEBACK
Socom 3 Clan = GMS
Socom 3 Name = Ur-Daddy

Reed

Lucky 7's

RE: Random Comment 3/2/2005 11:06:13 PM

Quoting KQuickStrike:i havent seen his deck list but even in one color decks Wooded Foothills Buy, Bloodstained Mire Buy aka fetch lands due serve a purpose in one color deck which is to thin out the deck by a card it helps speed things up

thanks for the little add-on on this slight conversation.. i'd like to add on about Chrome Mox Buy. Look at T2, the sligh and burn decks, most of them use 4 Chrome Mox Buy to speed up the process because it is critical to get that first turn Slith Firewalker Buy out and the thing is, they are only MONOCOLORED. Lotus Petal Buy is good in any deck to help accel the early turns.

Current decks..

MSN - jrr87@hotmail.com

Vamper

-Wandering mage

RE: RE: Random Comment 3/2/2005 11:41:46 PM

oh i see reed... sorry about that, never really thought of using crome mox in a red burn deck before... and now i finaly realize the use of it in a red burn deck....

260 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades