Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Deck Help > Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage (1, 2, ... 16, 17)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Alastor

Quote: [none]

Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/4/2009 8:50:59 PM

Welcome to the Legacy and Vintage deck doctor thread!

I've decided to start a new thread, since Solpugid turned over the deck doctor reigns as of last Christmas. For those of you who are curious, he's going on to bigger and better things, specifically graduate school. So, this thread will cover Magic's eternal formats. If you have questions about what cards are legal in these formats, check these references:

Current Formats
Legacy Banned List and Deck Construction
Vintage Banned and Restricted List and Deck Construction

These formats will never rotate, which is why they are considered the eternal formats. Other great websites to reference are:

StarCityGames
TheManaDrain
The Source
Deck Check

When posting here, please post a decklist instead of a link. It makes it significantly easier for me to look at the deck and make adjustments accordingly. Also, e-Tags really help. When we're discussing these formats, the cardpools are very large, so sometimes its easy to forget the exact rules text on a particular card.

Please only post Vintage or Legacy decks. They don't need to be tournament worthy, in fact, casual is quite welcome. If you have a budget, please let me know. I'll assume that you want to make the best changes possible, unless stated otherwise. I'd also be more than happy to talk about current metagame trends or more generalized deck discussions. Examples would be, "What do you think the metagame will look like for GP: Chicago," or "What colors do you splash in Threshold, and why?" Usually, these aren't black and white answers, but they make for good discussions that will hopefully teach everyone a little bit about these formats.

Please be patient while waiting for a response. I'll be checking this thread often, but I also work full-time and attend The Ohio State University full-time. And that's on top of the time I spend with my girlfriend and playing various games on my Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. With that said, I'm looking for potential recruits for two assistant positions. I'd like one assistant to help with Legacy and another to help with Vintage. Of course, the assistants would be welcome to aid with either format, but I'm looking to have people that are specialized as well. Send me a private message if you're interested.

I've said all that I need to say, now lets get the decks rolling in and the discussions started!

Legacy/Vintage Deck Doctor
Storyline Questions? Post here and I'll answer!

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

OrnithopterLover

Quote: "Early to rise, early to die" - Oversoon lightfoot
"Your honor, I move for a full dismissal on the basis that the plaintiff is a doody head!" - Paralegal prodigy
"This year's model can distribute over 350 insults per minute."

RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/5/2009 2:47:00 AM

Hey, welcome to the party. Glad to see you are here with us.
-------------------------------------------------------

Hephem

Quote: Clerics Master!!!

RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/5/2009 1:04:09 PM

Hi Alastor,

First let me thank you for having take the initiative of doing a brand new fresh thread about vintage and legacy format decks.

Then let me wish you good luck attending to your university. For what is worth, I'm already on my 3rd grade of Law. =)

Finally, let me get back to what brings us to this thread. I've made this legacy format deck on eM wich pleases to me a lot and that has had good rates so far:

Creatures
4 Ethersworn Canonist Buy
4 Mother of Runes Buy
2 Weathered Wayfarer Buy

Spells
4 Boomerang Buy
4 Counterspell Buy
1 Enlightened Tutor Buy
2 Mana Leak Buy
2 Echoing Truth Buy
1 Transmute Artifact Buy

Artifacts
3 Chrome Mox Buy
4 Isochron Scepter Buy
2 Lotus Petal Buy
3 Scepter of Dominance Buy
4 Mox Diamond Buy
4 Winter Orb Buy

Lands
1 Academy Ruins Buy
4 Ancient Tomb Buy
4 Flooded Strand Buy
4 Hallowed Fountain Buy
4 Tundra Buy

Though, when playing with it all I can see is its weaknesses: from discard decks, to burn decks, and even counter/control decks (basically, yeah, those 3 kinds) I rarelly can win a game...

No need to tell you that I've already changed it a lot. Meddling Mage Buy (which was there at the beggining) isn't there anymore, cuz I have tried hard to replace it by an artifact or an enchantement that would slow down the opponents game (like tapping their lands). But I have not had any success. I thought Mana Web Buy would be a great found until someone reminded me that lands can still produce mana. o_0

Now I'm desperate cuz I really like this deck and I would like to start collecting the cards. I also would like to keep it as clerical as possible. So the synergy Ethersworn-Isochron(counterspell) is a thing I wouldn't like to see compromised.

I've been advised for Icy Manipulator Buy and for Mishra's Helix Buy but I find both to expensive for their respective abilities. Plus, costing 4, the opponent's game would probably be near from being on. I like Chalice of the Void Buy but unfortunetly, if I choose to pay 4 (2 - 2), which is the best bet to slow down the opponent, that would counter also the important cards of my deck (Isochron and Ethersworn). Thought about Temporal Adept Buy but I'm certain of nothing now.

So please please help me. I would be really hugelly greatfully thankful.

Many Thanks!

Hephem

UP: I'm considering make the deck on the vintage format. That for 2 reasons: since the deck has many artifacts, having 4 Mishra's Workshop Buy instead of Ancient Tomb Buy would be a great advantage. That said, the mox's would also be an mana accelarator not affected by Ethersworn Canonist Buy because they are artifacts. The thing its that i'm afraid a overpriced deck take some of its credibility. I would also appreciate to know your opinion on that too.

nathan1357

RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/5/2009 5:11:38 PM

heres the prob man you are working on one combo and thinking about it well why not put all those cards in and see what you draw

Jonika

RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/6/2009 7:47:12 PM

Hi Alastor. I am attempting to make a B/G Loam deck to play in a casual setting. My meta is extremely creature heavy, as most of my friends play tribal decks. I am on a budget so no Tarmogoyf's, Deeds, Or Baiyous.

http://essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=676997

Alastor

RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/6/2009 8:40:24 PM

Quoting OrnithopterLover:Hey, welcome to the party. Glad to see you are here with us.

Thank you! Happy

Quoting Hephem:Hi Alastor,

First let me thank you for having take the initiative of doing a brand new fresh thread about vintage and legacy format decks.

Then let me wish you good luck attending to your university. For what is worth, I'm already on my 3rd grade of Law. =)

Finally, let me get back to what brings us to this thread. I've made this legacy format deck on eM wich pleases to me a lot and that has had good rates so far:

Creatures
4 Ethersworn Canonist Buy
4 Mother of Runes Buy
2 Weathered Wayfarer Buy

Spells
4 Boomerang Buy
4 Counterspell Buy
1 Enlightened Tutor Buy
2 Mana Leak Buy
2 Echoing Truth Buy
1 Transmute Artifact Buy

Artifacts
3 Chrome Mox Buy
4 Isochron Scepter Buy
2 Lotus Petal Buy
3 Scepter of Dominance Buy
4 Mox Diamond Buy
4 Winter Orb Buy

Lands
1 Academy Ruins Buy
4 Ancient Tomb Buy
4 Flooded Strand Buy
4 Hallowed Fountain Buy
4 Tundra Buy

Though, when playing with it all I can see is its weaknesses: from discard decks, to burn decks, and even counter/control decks (basically, yeah, those 3 kinds) I rarelly can win a game...

No need to tell you that I've already changed it a lot. Meddling Mage Buy (which was there at the beggining) isn't there anymore, cuz I have tried hard to replace it by an artifact or an enchantement that would slow down the opponents game (like tapping their lands). But I have not had any success. I thought Mana Web Buy would be a great found until someone reminded me that lands can still produce mana. o_0

Now I'm desperate cuz I really like this deck and I would like to start collecting the cards. I also would like to keep it as clerical as possible. So the synergy Ethersworn-Isochron(counterspell) is a thing I wouldn't like to see compromised.

I've been advised for Icy Manipulator Buy and for Mishra's Helix Buy but I find both to expensive for their respective abilities. Plus, costing 4, the opponent's game would probably be near from being on. I like Chalice of the Void Buy but unfortunetly, if I choose to pay 4 (2 - 2), which is the best bet to slow down the opponent, that would counter also the important cards of my deck (Isochron and Ethersworn). Thought about Temporal Adept Buy but I'm certain of nothing now.

So please please help me. I would be really hugelly greatfully thankful.

Many Thanks!

Hephem

UP: I'm considering make the deck on the vintage format. That for 2 reasons: since the deck has many artifacts, having 4 Mishra's Workshop Buy instead of Ancient Tomb Buy would be a great advantage. That said, the mox's would also be an mana accelarator not affected by Ethersworn Canonist Buy because they are artifacts. The thing its that i'm afraid a overpriced deck take some of its credibility. I would also appreciate to know your opinion on that too.

Instead of giving you a list of proposed changes, I think its more beneficial to you (and others reading) to discuss ways I'd go with the deck or certain cards to test. First, I'll say that this deck isn't really Vintage material, unless it receives a complete overhaul. In all honesty, Vintage decks are going to tutor/draw into a removal spell, then just do whatever they want to do, with Force of Will Buy backup. So, in my opinion, I'd leave the deck in Legacy, unless you wanted to do some serious changes to the deck. With that said, I think we can tweak it to be competitive in the Legacy metagame.

The first, and foremost, thing that sticks out to me is the lack of both Brainstorm Buy and Force of Will Buy. As far as Legacy is concerned, I think these two cards are two the "must-haves." Sure, you can get along without them (even if you play blue), but they really bring a lot to your deck and they retain their value. They also help against some of the "weaknesses" that you pointed out. Playing Brainstorm Buy in response to a discard spell can ensure that your opponent doesn't get your best cards, while Force of Will Buy helps you win counter wars with other control decks.

I'm not a huge fan of some of the acceleration you use. Mox Diamond Buy and Lotus Petal Buy can be really good, but I don't think they are right for this deck. Really, all they are going to do is get Canonist down on turn 1, or get Counterspell Buy mana up. Those are probably the two best plays you can make. You don't really run enough lands to make Mox Diamond Buy particularly useful, and being the control deck, you really want mana sources that stick around. I think I'd add more land and just try to play with Chrome Mox Buy. At the very least, see how it affects your mana base.

There's two other things that I think you should look at to improve your deck. One is removal. Something like Swords to Plowshares Buy might really help you out, in the event that you need permanent removal instead of just bounce. Wrath of God Buy might be something else to consider, to help with aggro decks. Other than removal, I think a solid finisher would be important. You could go the more traditional route of Exalted Angel Buy or Decree of Justice Buy, or maybe even use Tezzeret the Seeker Buy. Tezzeret might be interesting, since you're playing with a lot of artifacts.

Definitely don't scrap this deck. Read over some of the ideas that I've brought up, do a little testing, then get back with me with your results. I think there's potential here, we just have to help it mature a little. If you need some help on what cards to cut for some of these cards, let me know!

Quoting Jonika:Hi Alastor. I am attempting to make a B/G Loam deck to play in a casual setting. My meta is extremely creature heavy, as most of my friends play tribal decks. I am on a budget so no Tarmogoyf's, Deeds, Or Baiyous.

First off, let me say that I'm a HUGE fan of B/G Rock decks and I'm also a big fan of Aggro Loam. So a B/G Loam deck definitely has me interested. The best thing about the Rock decks are that they build up so much incremental card advantage that it becomes overwhelming. It just so happens that Life from the Loam Buy fits into that strategy exceedingly well.

It might seem a little counter-intuitive, but I don't think 4 Life from the Loam Buy is what you want. I'd play three. The ol' rule of thumb is that you play four of a card when you want it in your opening hand, three of a card when you want it early in the game, two of a card when you just want to see it eventually, and one of a card when you have alternative ways of finding it. Of course, that's not always correct, but its a generalization that at least helps guide your thought. I think you want to see Life from the Loam Buy early, but you don't want to see more than one copy. Testing might prove otherwise though.

If your friends play tribal decks, then I'd play Engineered Plague Buy. It wreaks havoc on Elves, Goblins, and other various tribes. Even Wall of Roots Buy might be a decent addition to the deck. Its good against aggro and it gives you card advantage. I remember playing it in Rock a long time ago, while it was still in Extended. To be honest, I'm not really sure where else to go with the deck. Let me know what you think and if anything has changed between since you posted. Good luck!

Hephem

RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/6/2009 10:12:36 PM

Quoting Alastor:

Instead of giving you a list of proposed changes, I think its more beneficial to you (and others reading) to discuss ways I'd go with the deck or certain cards to test. First, I'll say that this deck isn't really Vintage material, unless it receives a complete overhaul. In all honesty, Vintage decks are going to tutor/draw into a removal spell, then just do whatever they want to do, with Force of Will Buy backup. So, in my opinion, I'd leave the deck in Legacy, unless you wanted to do some serious changes to the deck. With that said, I think we can tweak it to be competitive in the Legacy metagame.

The first, and foremost, thing that sticks out to me is the lack of both Brainstorm Buy and Force of Will Buy. As far as Legacy is concerned, I think these two cards are two the "must-haves." Sure, you can get along without them (even if you play blue), but they really bring a lot to your deck and they retain their value. They also help against some of the "weaknesses" that you pointed out. Playing Brainstorm Buy in response to a discard spell can ensure that your opponent doesn't get your best cards, while Force of Will Buy helps you win counter wars with other control decks.

I'm not a huge fan of some of the acceleration you use. Mox Diamond Buy and Lotus Petal Buy can be really good, but I don't think they are right for this deck. Really, all they are going to do is get Canonist down on turn 1, or get Counterspell Buy mana up. Those are probably the two best plays you can make. You don't really run enough lands to make Mox Diamond Buy particularly useful, and being the control deck, you really want mana sources that stick around. I think I'd add more land and just try to play with Chrome Mox Buy. At the very least, see how it affects your mana base.

There's two other things that I think you should look at to improve your deck. One is removal. Something like Swords to Plowshares Buy might really help you out, in the event that you need permanent removal instead of just bounce. Wrath of God Buy might be something else to consider, to help with aggro decks. Other than removal, I think a solid finisher would be important. You could go the more traditional route of Exalted Angel Buy or Decree of Justice Buy, or maybe even use Tezzeret the Seeker Buy. Tezzeret might be interesting, since you're playing with a lot of artifacts.

Definitely don't scrap this deck. Read over some of the ideas that I've brought up, do a little testing, then get back with me with your results. I think there's potential here, we just have to help it mature a little. If you need some help on what cards to cut for some of these cards, let me know!

Alastor,

The positions you took about my deck in your answer were inteligent and justified. So whoever you are, I believe you must be someone reasonable and ponderated. You can't go wrong with that kind of people... =) So, before even discuss your answer, let me thank you for your effort and your time writing it.

Though, unless you proove me wrong, I must desagree with you when inviting me to take out Mox Diamond Buy and/or Lotus Petal Buy. True, it isn't funny to throw away a land, therefor, I must say that usually I'm neither a huge fun of them (at least what's in regards to the mox). But, more than being a mana accelaration they are not affected by Winter Orb Buy and they can really make the difference if your opponent only have lands. Duno, tell me I'm wrong but at least that's what I've experienced with the few games I've made so far...

In regards to Force of Will Buy... The real power of this card is when you decide not paying its mana cost and decide to pay 1 life and throw away blue card. I use to think that all the cards in the/my deck must be important, they mus absolutly play a role. Otherwise they wouldn't/shouldn't be there. Throwing away a blue card its, in my point of view, like saying that the card wasn't that important for the needs of the deck... If that would be the case, rather replace it...You know what I mean?

Brainstorm Buy... I thought about it... it is mustly powerfull with Sensei which is an artifact I hate for some reason... Otherwise, well, yeah, I would put it on the deck. But, like you said, I'm having some difficulties knowing on what I should cut. Like I said in my previous post I would like to keep as much clerics as possible, but other than that I'm open to cut...

Swords to Plowshares Buy is a great removal, but mainly for creature decks. If I'm playing against other kind of decks (discard, counter, weenies, land-kill,...) this card will not be of any help. And yet, my objective is to make the deck effective against all kind of decks except (of course) artifacts. =)

Tezzeret the Seeker Buy, great add... again, unlike you have said, it would work great with mox diamond and chrome mox... but isn't it too expensive (specially considerating it if we are thinking to keep Winter Orb Buy)?

Thanks to proove I'm wrong in all the counter-opinions I've expressed. Its in fact all I'm asking for and all I need... =) I also would surely appreciate some help cutting cards...

Thanks again for your appreciation work on my deck. Thanks my friend...

Jonika

RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/7/2009 12:33:23 AM

Quoting Jonika:Hi Alastor. I am attempting to make a B/G Loam deck to play in a casual setting. My meta is extremely creature heavy, as most of my friends play tribal decks. I am on a budget so no Tarmogoyf's, Deeds, Or Baiyous.

Quoting Alastor:
It might seem a little counter-intuitive, but I don't think 4 Life from the Loam Buy is what you want. I'd play three. The ol' rule of thumb is that you play four of a card when you want it in your opening hand, three of a card when you want it early in the game, two of a card when you just want to see it eventually, and one of a card when you have alternative ways of finding it. Of course, that's not always correct, but its a generalization that at least helps guide your thought. I think you want to see Life from the Loam Buy early, but you don't want to see more than one copy. Testing might prove otherwise though.

If your friends play tribal decks, then I'd play Engineered Plague Buy. It wreaks havoc on Elves, Goblins, and other various tribes. Even Wall of Roots Buy might be a decent addition to the deck. Its good against aggro and it gives you card advantage. I remember playing it in Rock a long time ago, while it was still in Extended. To be honest, I'm not really sure where else to go with the deck. Let me know what you think and if anything has changed between since you posted. Good luck!

Thanks for the help Alastor. I definitely realized that i should cut loam down to three. I just figured, since I don't have a way to tutor for it ( Burning Wish) it should be a four off. I knew previously that EP wrecked tribal, but I don't want to include it because it would cause my friends to get extremely irritated. Do you know of any way I can disrupt manabases uses the loam engine? Also I believe you are talking about Wall of Blossoms Buy. STE fills the same roll in my deck as it can chump and go get a land.

Fire Moth
Bug Hunter

Quote: i used to play 60 card casual but then i took an EDH in the knee

RE: RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/7/2009 1:01:08 AM

FoW turns a resource you dont need right now (a blue card in your hand) into a resource that is really important (countermagic). think about it like this. you have FoW and two blue cards in your hand, both of which will win you the game. you play blue card A, and in your opponent wants to counter it. isnt it better to counter their counter and let your card A win condition resolve, and win you the game this turn, rather than pass the turn, let your opponent draw a card(or more) and advance their own gameplan, then play your second blue card in your turn. the only limiting factor to FoW's goodness is its availability (high price) and the number of blue cards you can throw at it

on tez, if you want to play them and are worried about the mana cost, dont forget that Winter Orb Buy can be turned off. winter orb only works if its untapped, and if you tap it with scepter of dominance at the end of their turn, you get to untap all your lands (and winter orb) in your turn.

*disclaimer* any suggestions i make are purely hypothetical, unless otherwise stated. if you have playtesting evidence to prove otherwise, then feel free to ignore any suggestions i make

Hephem

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/7/2009 9:26:22 AM

151st,

Responding to you according to the actual composition of the deck:

30% of the cards of my deck are blue spells cards. 1 of which is not an instant (Transmute Artifact Buy). Which leaves to us 28% of cards (14 cards) meant to be used by Isochron Scepter Buy.

Ignoring the counter war situation (which is very unlikly cuz I've not much to counter - only 18% of the cards are decisive), throwing instant blue cards away is, each time, reducing 2% of chance to get a card being used with isochron scepter...

If I would put 4 Force of Will Buy (which btw can't be imprinted on isochron) it would mean a decrising percentage of 8% of chance to get a card to be imprinted on isochron (8% instant blue cards possibly throwed away (4 cards)). We will only have bythen 20% of instant cards (10 cards) likely to be imprinted.

Of course, this percentages are wrong (for many reasons but mainly because the deck will change, it can be adapted to the add of new cards), but still... its a reason we should consider... Force of will, unlike the other instants is not supposed to "work alone" and cannot be imprinted.

And what do you think about the other suggestions made by Alastor (by the time he's not here to give his answer to me)? Notably the mox's, Brainstorm Buy an the planeswalker? What cards would you cut? Would you add/replace any cleric?

Thank you very very much for your reitered contributions. =)

And, again I would need some help in this threat too. A first suggestion of the composition of the deck.

Alastor

RE: RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/7/2009 12:48:16 PM

Hephem, I'm actually going to test your deck on MWS and hopefully learn a few new things about it, then I'll get back to you. I'm not sure when this will be, but I'm hoping for tonight or tomorrow. Happy 151st does point out that you can tap Winter Orb Buy and have it "turn off." That's definitely a trick that can help you abuse it even further. Really, that's what makes it so good.

Quoting Jonika:Thanks for the help Alastor. I definitely realized that i should cut loam down to three. I just figured, since I don't have a way to tutor for it ( Burning Wish) it should be a four off. I knew previously that EP wrecked tribal, but I don't want to include it because it would cause my friends to get extremely irritated. Do you know of any way I can disrupt manabases uses the loam engine? Also I believe you are talking about Wall of Blossoms Buy. STE fills the same roll in my deck as it can chump and go get a land.

Yeah, definitely was talking about Wall of Blossoms Buy. I know its not exciting, but it gets the game into the mid-game stage, allowing you to get your Loam engine online. Just a thought. STE does fill that role quite well, however, it doesn't stick around. I think the most vital question is do you like the cantrip effect of Wall of Blossoms Buy, or the land-search with Sakura-Tribe Elder Buy.

As far as disrupting manabases using the Loam engine, Wasteland Buy and Ghost Quarter Buy are definite candidates. Wasteland Buy is a bit expensive, so I'd probably point you in the direction of Ghost Quarter Buy.

I completely understand about Engineered Plague Buy. When everyone is playing tribal-like decks, its not fun for the group to play against. I'm not sure if its affordable or if you have any already, but Tombstalker Buy might be a good finisher in the deck. Just my thought.

Hephem

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/7/2009 1:13:23 PM

Quoting Alastor:Hephem, I'm actually going to test your deck on MWS and hopefully learn a few new things about it, then I'll get back to you. I'm not sure when this will be, but I'm hoping for tonight or tomorrow. Happy 151st does point out that you can tap Winter Orb Buy and have it "turn off." That's definitely a trick that can help you abuse it even further. Really, that's what makes it so good.

If I've well understood the implied note, for you, Isochron scepter isn't THAT important to the deck.

If you haven't intended to implie anything, I must say that, after all, maybe that's the truth. Maybe, Isochron is not an indespensable peace to the deck. If so, then that would mean that the deck should be revised even deeper.

Otherwise, man, get back to me as soon as possible. I'm impatient to know what you have experienced and what solutions do you have for it. =P

Jonika

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/7/2009 2:17:37 PM

I thinks with the small amount of fetchlands and duals, I like STE land search effect more. I have a playset of Tombstalkers and Will be testing 2-3 of them as a finisher.

My playgroup does not play with a large amount of non-basics, so Wastelan/Ghost Quarter would not be effective. Do you think Strip mine is too powerfull? Do you think Smallpox would be a good way to deny mana?

Alastor

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/7/2009 4:21:05 PM

Quoting Hephem:If I've well understood the implied note, for you, Isochron scepter isn't THAT important to the deck.

If you haven't intended to implie anything, I must say that, after all, maybe that's the truth. Maybe, Isochron is not an indespensable peace to the deck. If so, then that would mean that the deck should be revised even deeper.

Otherwise, man, get back to me as soon as possible. I'm impatient to know what you have experienced and what solutions do you have for it. =P

Well, let me say this...I've played Isochron Scepter Buy in a lot of decks and I've taken Isochron Scepter Buy out of a lot of decks. Is it indispensable? No. Should it be included? Maybe. That's what I'm hoping to answer through my own testing. I might find that its really good and that I'm happy with it, or I might find that it isn't really necessary and I'd rather put my mana into something else. As for now though, I really can't say.

I'll get back to you when I can!

Quoting Jonika:I thinks with the small amount of fetchlands and duals, I like STE land search effect more. I have a playset of Tombstalkers and Will be testing 2-3 of them as a finisher.

My playgroup does not play with a large amount of non-basics, so Wastelan/Ghost Quarter would not be effective. Do you think Strip mine is too powerfull? Do you think Smallpox would be a good way to deny mana?

I understand why you'd go with STE. It makes sense.

Strip Mine Buy is extremely powerful, but I don't think its "too powerful" for use in a small group of people. I know that I'd have no reservations about playing it. Smallpox Buy is definitely strong. I kind of forgot about that card. For what its worth, I'd probably try it.

Jonika

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Deck Doctor: Legacy and Vintage 3/8/2009 5:50:02 AM

Yeah I think Strip mine won't go over to bad with my friends. Especially since they play with skullclamp.

I don't really like Tombstalker in this deck. He just seems like win more. When I would want to play him, I already have the game locked down so there is no reason. I can practically win with STE beats.

I'm still looking for an extra something that can deck this deck from being "good" to being "fantastic" ( In the context of my playgroup). Are there any budget Deed-like Cards?

246 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades